Re: Question to Brian: Why do you need to be DPL to set up foundations?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 09:47:25PM +0800, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> [2020-03-19 14:43]:
> > highlighting the past problems with SPI (I kind of was shocked to
> > read about the paypal account, I somehow missed what happened...).
>
> I think this might be a misunderstanding.
>
> SPI does not want get rid of PayPal.
>
> The problem is that there is one SPI PayPal account for Debian and one
> SPI PayPal account for all other SPI projects.  This kind of special
> casing for Debian is something SPI would like to resolve in some way;
> there are no plans of removing PayPal.
>
> (I don't speak for SPI, etc)

Indeed, the comments regarding paypal are a gross (in my view)
mischaracterization in Brian's platform. See [1] for what I prevsiouly
wrote on that topic.  His other comments aren't entirely accurate,
either (in my view).

Sam's comments regarding legal representation and insurance for project
leaders are more on-point: we are working on the former and have not
discussed the latter.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2020/03/msg00021.html

--
Luca Filipozzi