Debian's paypal account

My recollection of the conversation regarding Debian's paypal account
(over a social dinner, where spit-balling on a variety of topics was
underway) is that a hypothetical was posed:

  If SPI can't offer paypal accounts to all projects due to paypal
  restrictions on number of accounts, then maybe no project should have
  one via SPI.

It was meant to trigger a conversation about how SPI is trying to offer
equivalent services to projects, not just to the first one one through
the door with a good idea (another example is Slack for Nonprofits.)

Anyway, after some back-and-forth, the conversation ended with:

  SPI needs to find a way to offer paypal services (or similar) to the
  other projects. This might mean restructuring things but definitely
  not taking a service / capability away from Debian.

I think that this didn't register with all parties of that conversation,
resulting in different take-away impressions.

As a member and not an officer of it, I don't speak for SPI's Baord.

--
Luca Filipozzi