Re: Some thoughts about Diversity and the CoC

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019, Sam Hartman wrote:

> TL;DR: Treating people with respect is hard and very contextual.
> Choosing to change how you talk about something to make people more
> comfortable doesn't always mean you were obligated to make that change.
> Sometimes you're just promoting connection.
*snip*

today I had to write a bunch of mails in my role as one of the listmasters.
To be honest, I had better things to than doing that.. I want to remember
*everyone* on list (and of course on all other lists to) to follow our Coc [1]
and the l.d.o additions [2]. Beside of those formal things, I ask you all to
come down. Please remember, in the end we are just doing some stupid thing
like a linux distribution here. There are so many more important things like
a technical discussion. So, next time when you think you would have a write
an angry mail, step backwards, go outside, do something you like. Talk with
someone you like or love or do whatever you like to do. And after a few
hours, try to write a mail that will not hurt someone or heats up the
discussion.

Thanks for your attention and please forgive me any usage of bad wording or
typos.

Alex - still on of the Debian Listmasters

[1] https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct