Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

Gunnar Wolf writes ("Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR"):
> Gunnar Wolf dijo [Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 11:40:15AM -0600]:
> > Ian, please don't.
>
> Just to get this off my head - I am sorry for the tone used in my own
> mail I'm replying to. While I do stand by not wanting this proposal by
> Ian to proceed, the "reasoning" paragraph that followed is not rightly
> framed. I am somewhat overburnt lately, and while I have been
> struggling to follow discussions (this is the first message I have
> sent), have mostly failed to properly do so.

This message is going to be a bit personal; I was going to send it to
Gunnar privately but I decided to share it.

Gunnar, I don't think you have anything to apologise for.
And yes this is all very draining.

Thanks for giving me your opinion.  I can see why you wrote what you
did.  And while I'm afraid I don't agree with you, I do want to say
that your message, while you did clearly and frankly disagree with me,
was *not* draining for me.

Obviously from my point of view I would prefer it if you had agreed
with me but I found your message very reasonable.

Thanks,
Ian.