Re: Call for Votes on the Initit Systems GR

Hi Sam,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 10:09:26AM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> The minimum discussion period lapsed sometime Saturday.
> So, as one of the authors of a proposal, I ask the secretary to please
> prepare a ballot and start the vote.
> As the DPL, I ask the secretary to extend the voting period by a week.

This is the first time in the history of the project[1] that a call for
vote is done *while people are still actively drafting options*. Usually
we wait for discussion to die out before we call for votes.

Even if that isn't the process set out in the constitution, it feels
very disingenious and dishonest to not allow people to finalize their
options. It is a break with precedent, and one that I think is not
necessary.

The sky isn't going to fall, and the world isn't going to end, if we
postpone this a bit more. Even if you don't want this to be voted on
over the holidays, you can still postpone it so that the vote happens
*after* the holidays.

Please don't make a bad situation worse.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard