Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

On Tue, Dec 03, 2019 at 04:15:02PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I think we can use the constitutional process to delay this, to make

I feel that the air in -vote has been getting very heavy in the last day
or so, and I was quite happy that Sam opted to cut the pain short and go
for a vote.

I agree that all the useful options seem to be on the ballot, and I look
forward to see what comes out. I would prefer that we didn't start
something that looks like meta-discussing options, and meta-discussing
whether to meta-discuss options, and so on.

Nitpicking on the constitutional process like this looks to me like an
interesting move in some competitive board game. I would prefer to see
less competition, and more cooperative focus on trying to make Policy
unstuck while trying to keep pain to a minimum.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>