Re: Proposal: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019, 4:41 PM Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:
Hi,

> Title: Reaffirm our commitment to support portability and multiple implementations

... so how does this help the project? We are all wasting lots of time
in discussing policy and if we want to support init and friends and if
bugs are RC or not. You are basically saying that this needs to continue.

I really hope that people vote this far below FD and I fail to
understand why fellow developers actually second this.

I strongly agree. This proposal sounds nice as an aspirational set of values to write proposals off of, but is deeply unhelpful in helping resolve the rats nest we find ourselves in. I will be putting this option below FD.

Paul