Re: Please wait a bit longer before calling for a vote

Hello all,

Sam Hartman [2019-11-29  8:46 -0500]:

>     Simon> While I generally agree with Sam here that it is rather
>     Simon> disingenious to add a new option right at the end of the
>     Simon> discussion period, I think that having something proposed by
>     Simon> the systemd maintainers on the ballot will be worthwhile
>     Simon> because they have one of the best vantage points to see
>     Simon> future points of contention and whether the GR is likely to
>     Simon> guide us through them.
>
> Martin Pit  has publically stated he's one of the people I reached out
> to in developing my proposals.
> As I understand, he's been active in maintaining systemd both in Ubuntu and Debain.

More like "had been active" -- I don't find much time any more to maintain
systemd in Debian, I'm afraid. Mostly because of IRL/work things, not for
reasons within Debian itself.

Yes, I was part of that discussion from the beginning, but I haven't heard from
Michael about this either, i. e. I don't know what he wants to propose.

Martin