Re: Please drop/replace the use of the term "diversity"

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 11:27:13AM +0000, Chris Lamb wrote:

> May I gently request we replace the use of the word "diversity"
> throughout the "init systems and systemd" General Resolution prior to
> it being subject to a plebiscite?

Thanks for raising this issue, and yes, please!

Something like s/init diversity/support for multiple init systems/
seems to me to address the issue you raise, introduce more clarity, and
it sounds to me also somewhat more precise. For example:

  Choice 1: Support for multiple init systems is Important
  Choice 2: Systemd but we support exploring alternatives
  Choice 3: Focus on systemd for init system and other facilities
  Choice 4: Support non-systemd systems, without blocking progress
  Choice 5: Support for multiple init systems is Required

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>