Re: Proposal: General Resolution on Init Systems and systemd Facilities

Sam Hartman writes ("Re: Proposal: General Resolution on Init Systems and systemd Facilities"):
> It's my intent today or tomorrow to accept the amendment and to update
> the discussion period to continue to expire on November 30.

I think a decision to shorten the minimum discussion period from the
constitutional default would be highly inappropriate.  This is a
highly controversial issue which has existed for years and we are
intending here to resolve for the very long term.  As Simon Richter
puts it, time spent now getting it right is time well spent.

Furthermore, Constitution 5.3:

  The Project Leader should attempt to make decisions which are
  consistent with the consensus of the opinions of the Developers.

I don't know why you think there is a consensus that this issue needs
to be dealt with promptly.  All I can see here is several people
asking for more time.

Ian.