Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Here is my proposal.  It is unfortunately quite long.  The reason is
> that I am trying to address the dysfuncdtional patterns I have seen over
> the past few years, and give specific remedies.

After sleeping on this, I am going to second this proposal.  I think it's
superior to options one and two on Sam's ballot because it provides a
clear path forward for the project to adopt declarative package
configuration and it provides some much-needed clarity about
responsibilities.

It sounds like Ian is planning on making a few changes, so I'll hold off
on formally seconding it until there's a new draft.