Re: [draft] Draft text on Init Systems GR

Hi Matthias,

On  Sa 09 Nov 2019 23:57:08 CET, Matthias Klumpp wrote:

Am Sa., 9. Nov. 2019 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de>:
[...]
Isn't as side-question that is on the table with this GR: what about
the future of non-Linux variants of Debian. If systemd becomes _the_
init system of focus in Debian (by vote, not only de facto), kFreeBSD
and Hurd will certainly have more of their difficulties, more than
they have now.
[...]

[...]

The one thing I am against though is the non-Linux ports holding back
innovation and experimentation on the Linux ports. If we go with the
lowest common denominator, we can't realistically move forward, ever.

I agree with that and at the same time think that we (Debian) should do our best at being universal (that's what the upcoming vote is about).

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31