Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election 2019: First call for votes)

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 04:02:58PM +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> If so then I think there is a clear gap in the procedures.
>
> - What about DDs being approved just during the voting period? They should
>   clearly be able to vote.

For the avoidance of doubt and just for the record, we (DAMs) co-ordinate
with the keyring maintainers to complete one final sync of the electorate
before the ballot is called. We then make no further changes during the
vote period unless:

> - What about DDs losing their right during the voting period? Should their
>   ballots be valid?

... this happens, which has never yet as far as I know. There are two
possibilities: removal of a DD - we'd have to deal with that as the
cirumstances demand; or retirement, which would not be processed until
after the vote has finished.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51