Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election 2019: First call for votes)

* Gunnar Wolf: " Re: Failing GPG key (was: Re: Debian Project Leader election
  2019: First call for votes)" (Tue, 9 Apr 2019 21:58:43 -0500):

Hi Gunnar,

> <hat id="keyring-maint">
> FWIW, I already sent Mathias a private mail about this, as he also
> asked this privately :) But this seems to be of general interest, so...

Thanks a lot, I am answering here then.

>> - What about DDs being approved just during the voting period? They should
>>   clearly be able to vote.
>> - What about DDs losing their right during the voting period? Should their
>>   ballots be valid?
>
> Right. I am aware of both cases (well, of the second; given that key
> addition is one of the last steps of an account creation, the first
> case is basically impossible).

Why is the first case impossible? Because DAM doesn't process accounts during
vote periods?

> We often did an upload on the day just
> before a call for votes (we didn't this time, as we have adopted
> during last year a time-based cycle which seems to work well and
> reliably; keyring gets updated on the 24-25 every month).
>
> As I said on the private mail: I am set to do the April keyring
> upload. If the Secretary acknowledges this will cause no unforseen
> effects on the already tallied votes, I see no issues with doing it a
> couple of days earlier. But I am not familiar with devotee or other
> issues that might rise, and I don't want to break vote processing for
> others.

Looking forward to the response of Secretary and thanks for the explanations!

Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6