Re: Q: NEW process licence requirements

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 11:30:23AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 6:11 AM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > What is the big (legal) difference between distributing something
> > from the Debian group on the Debian machine salsa.debian.org, and
> > distributing the same from a different Debian machine?
>
> The big difference appears to be the Social Contract (and DFSG), which
> we generally don't seem to apply to alioth/salsa, especially because
> they often contain full upstream development history, which might or
> might not contain non-free material.

No, this is not about the Social Contract, the DFSG, or any other
policies how we choose to divide our archive.

After a non-free package passes NEW it will be distributed by
Debian machines and Debian mirrors, just as we have pledged
in the Social Contract.

Non-free material is not a problem here.
Non-distributable material is what we are talking about.

> bye,
> pabs

cu
Adrian