Re: having public irc logs?

Hello Mehdi

>Also, putting logs on a server contradicts your point below. Why would
>Debian servers be less subject to cyber attacks than yours? Thinking about
>it, it is even the contrary, IMO.
>Same could happen with your personal machine. The problem is not specific
>to remote servers connected to internet. Also, as said above, same could
>happen with an official Debian server.

The problem is not Debian vs me, but Debian vs a lot of people keeping logs
on their personal laptops + some servers around the world.

Having a single centralized log server (maybe password protected), will make
mostly useless for people keeping logs on their server/private pc, increasing
the overall security.
Security is not higher in case of N point of failures, specially because an attacker
would try to attack the weak link, not the most secured one

But probably such attacker wouldn't risk too much for such "useless for most" data.
(as said many times, this is a matter of convenience, not a real need)

G.