Re: Q to Mehdi: safe and fun

On 06/04/2017 19:17, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 11:52:51PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>>>
>>> I must say I'm disappointed by this response in the context of debconf-team…
>> Can you please clarify what you find disappointing and why here?
>
> in the case "of debconf-team", I dont think banning $that person from the
> lists or from irc would be appropriate (one can be very very annoying and
> yet not violating any rules) and offering mediation by the DPL *now*, after
> several people left or severely reduced their involvement, is also way too
> late.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. FWIW, as you guessed, I was recalling
the role of DPL in such situations. Everyone has the right to ask for
expulsions. It is up the team in charge to decide on the matter.

I agree that the issue at hand should have been dealt with in 2014 or 2015
(where most of the damage was done). But we cannot cross arms and wait until
things move away. I still believe we can find an acceptable solution for both
parties (which doesn't mean both stand on their initial position and we
are able to find magical solutions…). So discussing with both is still useful.
(at least IMHO). So "way too late" (maybe yes) but still not useless!

--
Mehdi