Re: Questions for DPL candidates: Support channels

On 04/06/2017 06:10 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> Even more, from my experience, the availability of an HCL (ie: Hardware
>> Compatibility List) is mandatory for some vendors to choose Debian. At
>> $work, I've been told that Debian wouldn't an option for it.
>
> Would this count as a HCL for your $work?
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn

No, because it's just a wiki entry, and there's no way to check how it
has been written. A well established process needs to be written
(comparable to the Red Hat one that Ritesh wrote later in this thread).

>> Note that I am convince the FSF initiative (I can't remember the ugly
>> website name, sorry...) is *not* a correct response to this need. We
>> need our own thing.
>
> I guess you mean one of these two:
>
> https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
> https://h-node.org/

Yes, I was referring to h-node. I've been told multiple times that
h-node was the HCL for Debian. First, the site is really ugly, and
doesn't look serious. Then when you click on hardware, there's a list of
"stuff" (scanners, webcams, etc.) but ... no servers! This really looks
like laptop oriented to me.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)