Re: Question for DPL candidates: Teetotaler outreach

Adrian Bunk dijo [Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 06:10:41PM +0300]:
> When something is advertised as "beersigning" on a Debian mailing list,
> what non-alcoholic beverages can one expect to be available at the venue?

Hi Adrian,

I understand you want to raise awareness about this issue, as
consciousness on the sexism inherent in technical communities was
raised in Debian and many other free software communities over the
last... 15 years?

But... This is a point that should be made on each of us as
individuals. I think it is valid and appreciated rising the issue at
the DPL-wannabe debates, but... I suggest you to bring the issue now
to a less person-bound thread/list — I invite you to move the talk to
debian-project, or (as it has been done on several other issues in the
past) monitor calls for beersigning and such. DebConf is a meeting
where alcohol is abused in the eyes of many of us (even some, like
myself, that do enjoy drinking), and your opinion would surely have
some resonance there.

Anyway — I do not think this is a point where Mehdi's and Chris'
campaigns will differ. It is not a point that has been brought up
AFAICT, and I don't think it's an issue where an individual as a
Leader will make much difference. Bring it to discussion on one of the
more general project spaces.