Re: Q to both candidates: preventing burnout by other contributors

Hi Russ,

Sorry for the late reply.

On 29/03/2017 18:33, Russ Allbery wrote:
> 1. Do you agree with the above analysis, or do you see a different
>    dynamic?

I agree with your analysis. But even in companies, there are issues
and not all managers are able to deal with them. And really, it is
not always because of managers' skills. There are cases really difficult
to deal with, and require some help from qualified persons.

> 2. Do you have any thoughts or plans around how to more proactively
>    address social problems that fall short of explusion but that will
>    require some teeth and actual consequences to get at least one of the
>    parties to be willing to change their behavior?

Some simple solutions like a phone call before a social event to check
the intentions and plans of the person. If we are speaking of cases that
fall short of expulsion, this could help to prevent new issues. A
temporary ban from event or from Debian systems could also be dissuasive
depending on the issue at hand. The idea is to show that misbehavior will
not be left unpunished.

--
Mehdi