Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list

David Kalnischkies writes ("Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list"):
> On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 12:48:02PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > David Kalnischkies writes ("Re: Proposed GR: Repeal the 2005 vote for declassification of the debian-private mailing list"):
> > > On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 05:07:47PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > Basic example: How many mails are sent to d-private each month? We know
> > > that for public archived lists. We even know that for less public lists
> > > like d-companies, but for d-private that is classified information…
> > > (that is perhaps not "weakening privacy" for an individual, but for the
> > > dev-body as a whole if your reading is very strict. Many things I am
> > > thinking of aren't directly related to individuals in fact…)
> >
> > Well, I can see why you might think that would be interesting.  I can
> > also see reasons for objecting to releasing such information.
>
> Just to ensure we talk about the same: I was referring to:
> https://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-private.png vs e.g.
> https://lists.debian.org/stats/debian-vote.png .
>
> I would be very interested in an explanation [off-list & encrypted if
> it is too private] as I can't come up with a reason why that could be
> a concious decision to not show the number of mails sent to d-private
> over time as it is done for every other list rather than just an
> implementation detail of how that list is handled.

I would not want a graph like the one for debian-vote, to be made
public for debian-private.

I will reply by private email giving an example of a previous thread
which should IMO not be made visibile through such a graph.

Ian.