Re: Amendment to Proposed GR: Declassifying parts of -private of historical interest

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:46:43PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 07:56:07PM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> > If on the other hand we say: Listmaster can come up with a proposal
> > which can be discussed and as ultima ratio vetoed by GR (or by DPL via
> > delegation revocation)
>
> I don't think the DPL can not undo a decision made by someone else.
> Either that decision was delegated, and you have this in 5.1.1:
>
>        Once a particular decision has been delegated and made the Project
>        Leader may not withdraw that delegation; however, they may withdraw
>        an ongoing delegation of particular area of responsibility.

I would used the exact same paragraph in my defense. It probably all
depends on where such an instance would actually be on the scale between
"particular decision" and "area of responsibility". Also, there can
probably something be said about that the decision of declassification
hasn't been made yet if sufficient time is required prior to it.

But frankly, while I tend to like splitting words, in that particular
case I think the base assumption of a community failing so hard is so
unlikely, gross and ultimately offensive that I don't want to think
about it any more than I already did.

So: Thanks for bringing it up and yes, I full agree, I could be wrong
wrong about my DPL-sidecomment and hence revoke it.

> This GR seems to give explicit powers to the listmaster to do that
> and so wouldn't need a delegation for that, but also gives the DPL
> the power to delegate it to others, so both options seem to exist.

My reading as well, which would also explain why GRs are explicitly
mentioned as for delegates alone that wouldn't really be needed
(subject again to the "been made/override" vs. "prior/object").

Best regards

David Kalnischkies