Re: Q to all DPL candidate: PPA

    Thomas> On 03/15/2015 09:57 AM, martin f krafft wrote:
    >> Neil,
    >>
    >> in your platform, you advocate PPAs and modernising our build and
    >> infrastructure.
    >>
    >> What's the DPL's role in this? Or, put differently, couldn't you
    >> just start working on this without the DPL hat? Why not? What's the
    >> difference here?

    Thomas> Well, actually...

    Thomas> To all: what do you think you can do to make the PPA thing happen?

That's a tough one, because PPAs depend on a number of things, and the
DPL has little influence on some of those. What a DPL can do, is
encourage, try and get the appropriate people together at a sprint to
push things forward.

I think pushing PPAs forward would be a good candidate to spend Debian
funds on, as they would benefit us tremendously in both short and
long-term.