Re: Q to all candidates: spending money

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 08:13:22PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 08:58:35PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> > Why? What target level are you aiming for and what's the rationale?
> Hopefully https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/03/msg00308.html
> helps explain :)

This says:

] I would be much more comfortable with about 40k in reserves to
] start with, rather than the > 100k we have now,

But that figure's awfully close to the $36k "seed" value from the DebConf 14
budget -- http://media.debconf.org/dc14/report/DebConf14_final_report.en.pdf

How do these fit together? Does this imply that Debian should provide
a much smaller seeed to debconfs (which might be okay if debconf
sponsorships can be collected earlier, maybe), or something else?

Cheers,
aj