Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:

>If my GR fails I expect a series of bitter rearguard battles over
>individual systemd dependencies.
This looks like a great way to encourage people to make systemd
mandatory just to be done with this once and for all... :-)

>That's not the problem.  The problem is the possibility of packages
>wich requires systemd's syslog replacement, its cron replacement, or
>its ntpd replacement.
It is not clear why a program would want to depend on any of these
components, so you are scared about something that is at best
hypotetical.

--
ciao,
Marco