Re: Reducing the discussion and the voting period to 1 week

Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> (2014-10-22):
> On 17/10/14 at 10:01 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > But designing and tuning alternative proposals might take time, so I
> > would prefer to wait a few days before reducing the discussion period,
> > to ensure that we vote with a sensible ballot. I will decide in the
> > middle of next week about that.
>
> I think that the current set of options would be a sensible ballot, and
> I'm not aware of any discussions to add another option, so I'm inclined
> to shorten the discussion period.

For all I know/remember from the mails I read, it seems there was an
agreement that this GR wouldn't affect jessie in any way.

While I can sympathize with trying to reach a conclusion sooner than
later, possibly sparing quite some mails[1], I'm not sure why there
would be any need for any "rush". Can't we just let the usual timing
apply?

 1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/10/msg00319.html

KiBi.