Re: Alternative proposal: reaffirm maintainers technical competence over the software they maintain

Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Either it's a position statement, or we're making position
> statement (4.1.5), or using the TC's power (4.1.4).
>
> In #727708 it says that a position statement will replace
> "this TC resolution".
>
> In #746715 there is no such text.
>
> So the question is going to be if this options overrides #746715
> or not.  I didn't look into it yet, so I might be turning 1 or
> more of the options into overrding the TC and put them under
> 4.1.4.

So if the project makes a "position statement about issues of the day",
it's not actually making a technical decision, but just a (nonbinding)
statement. A statement that the TC has decided will override their
(binding) decision.

Well, at least I've found yet another reason to perfer to not vote on
this GR: It's too darn complicated to understand the procedural hacking
that's going on.

--
see shy jo, srsly, you could learn what monads are in the time you'll
                   waste making an informed vote on this GR.