Re: Alternative proposal: reaffirm maintainers technical competence over the software they maintain

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 04:03:49PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Well, at least I've found yet another reason to perfer to not vote on
> this GR: It's too darn complicated to understand the procedural hacking
> that's going on.

Hear, hear.

My dayjob is doing PMO[1][2] style work tracking and modeling
Legislative bodies, and I'm having a hard time keeping up with what's
going on.

*And this is what I do for work*

I mean, when the US Legislative bodies (state & federal) are more
straightforward in procedure than your distro's, something's gone
very wrong.

transparency.debian.org anyone?[3]

[1]: parliamentary monitoring organization
[2]: http://sunlightfoundation.com/
[3]: campaign contributions and lobbying data might do some good to try
     to disspell all the evil redhat is apparently buying us all off

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87