Re: Alternative proposal: support for alternative init systems is desirable but not mandatory

Quoting Nikolaus Rath (2014-10-20 05:29:10)
> Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:
>> Quoting Nikolaus Rath (2014-10-19 20:21:59)

>>> Presumably some maintainers would consider uselessd an alternate
>>> init system - and others will not. In that case the GR seems have
>>> achieved effectively nothing.
>>
>> If there was a secret agenda e.g. to annoy systemd then you are right
>> that such trick that you now thought up would mean that this GR was a
>> waste of time.
>
> I just don't understand why you consider uselessd a "trick" that I
> came up with (leaving alone the fact that David brought it up here,
> and that yet another guy started the project).

For the record: I don't consider uselessd a trick¹.  On the contrary, I
agree with Russ that it might be a quite interesting init system.

You are right that I confused you and David.  Sorry about that!

 - Jonas

¹ What I reflected on was how a question was phrased which included this
project, not the project itself.