Re: Alternative proposal: support for alternative init systems is desirable but not mandatory

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> I just don't understand why you consider uselessd a "trick" that I came
> up with (leaving alone the fact that David brought it up here, and that
> yet another guy started the project).

Indeed, I think uselessd is a very interesting project.  I hope it
succeeds at its goals and offers another interesting alternative
implementation.  At the least, even if it doesn't succeed, it can provide
some practical experience with exactly what sort of coupling is and isn't
present or needed, grounded in running code rather than speculation.