Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

On Oct 17, Florian Lohoff <f@zz.de> wrote:

> > A vocal minority and a lot of trolls do not make something
> > controversial.
> I havent found the mentioned minority you speak about?
Probably because you appear to be in the middle of it...

> > Considering how widely it has been adopted by other distributions I
> > would say that for such a big change it is not controversial at all.
> Because of pressure of other upstreams going forward everyone adopted it
> and this makes it non controversial - i dont get it?!?
If you postulate some conspiracy to make everybody use systemd then I do
not think that there is much more that we can argue about.
But even then, if this alleged pressure has been strong enough to make
every non-kooky distribution adopt systemd then it should be obvious
that resisting it would be futile for us as well.

--
ciao,
Marco