Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> writes:
> I wonder if, in the circumstances, the DPL should use their power
> under 4.2.4 to reduce the discussion period to 1 week. I'd be
> surprised if anyone is likely to change their view on the desirability
> of choice of init system now - as others have pointed out, the
> arguments have been rumbling on for a time.

The part that worries me about this GR isn't really "will systemd win or
lose". I'm somewhat worried about the jessie release being disturbed by
this, and even more worried that we have moved to creating technical
policy by GR without even attempting to use the normal Policy process
first. This GR does not override the TC, but it does unnecessarily
override the Policy process, and also overrides the authority of the
Release Team on deciding what is RC and what isn't.

--
Arto Jantunen