Re: draft alternative proposal: fix problem at the root

Hi Bill,

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 12:31:08AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I am in favor of this option appearing on the ballot.  I have been following
> the TC for 15 years, and it is clear to me that the cost of having a TC
> outweights the benefit (and I had the same opinion 5 years ago).

> There are very few developers I would trust on to be on the TC that are not
> TC members already, and they are the developers we can the least waste their
> time by have them sitting in the TC.

I'm curious how you reach the conclusion that not having a TC means that the
current TC members will have less of their time wasted.  If we don't have a
TC as a dispute resolution body, the only binding decision-making body will
be the developers at large (through GR).  I don't think having a
project-wide discussion on every question that would have gone to the TC
would take less time than having a TC discussion about the same question -
and because everybody votes in a GR, everybody's time is wasted, not just
that of the select few suckers^W noble servants^W^W unaccountable overlords
on the TC.

Do you think that eliminating the option of using the TC (by disbanding the
TC) means that fewer disputes will be raised via our formal dispute
resolution process?  If so, how do you believe these disputes will be
resolved, and why will this be a net improvement to Debian over the current
process?

Thanks,