Re: Suggestion to simplify clause 2. (was: Re: GR proposal, Call for Seconds - term limit for the tech-ctte)

On 02/12/14 at 12:52 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> If there is consensus that simplicity is preferable and Lucas won't mind
> dealing with the upcoming ties (in a way that is constitutionally
> sound), I'll be happy to formally accept an amendment to that end.

I would find it a bit strange to deal with the vorlon/aba tie, but would
of course accept to do it if the resulting general resolution put that
responsibility in the DPL's hands.

How would you implement that? By expliciting making the DPL the
tie-breaking entity in that case, or by implicitely falling back to
5.1.4 "Make any decision for whom noone else has responsibility."?

If you make it explicit, it would be better to clarify if the DPL who
makes the decision is the DPL on January 1st, or on the following
December 31st. Which might result on more verbosity that the current
version, heh :-)

Lucas