Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

Hi,

Svante Signell:

> > And OpenSUSE also dropped support:
>
> Of course RHEL and Fedora dropped sysvinit support, they are Redhat
> derived. Can anybody guess where systemd is devloped?

Well, OpenSUSE (and several others who have by now switched to systemd)
are not. So?

Please stop the corporate bashing. Yes, RH employs people who work on
systemd. That does NOT by itself imply that they're trying to push an
inferior, locked-in, or _whatever_ solution down our collective throats.

Companies behave rationally (assuming that 'my first priority is making
money' is rational, but that's a different topic).

The corollary is: if transitioning to systemd would waste everybody's time
and effort, RH wouldn't do it. For the very simple reason that the faster
RH's sysadmins can solve their customers' problems, the more money they make.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs