Re: Legitimate exercise of our constitutional decision-making processes [Was, Re: Tentative summary of the amendments]

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:10:59AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Which is why sticking to the lowest common denominator among init
> systems is the worst thing we could do as a project.

I would like to stick with lowest common denominator.

Everyone who likes the feature bloat of any software can install it on its own.
But systemd ist a cul de sack. It aglomerates tons of functionality into a
ecosystem where there is no way back.

All the proposals i have read are not going far enough for me. I'd like systemd
to stay out of debian and if introduced only as an addon for those who wish. Its
about choice - This choice is taken from me.

Right now as it is i can replace systemd but i am not able to remove cruft like
systemd-hostname. (Why on earth is this part of systemd anyway?)

I will offer help to anyone willing to start a Debian fork sans systemd.

Flo
PS: It should be common sense to not force these types of controversial changes
to millions of users. The initial debate about systemd showed this before the TCs decision.
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de