Re: Tentative summary of the amendments

On 24 October 2014 13:15, Anthony Towns <aj@erisian.com.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:57:49PM +0300, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
>> No developer in that chain was compelled
>> to run this under other init systems.
>
> Well, yeah:
>
> "1. Nothing in this constitution imposes an obligation on anyone to do
> work for the Project."
>
> Compelling developers isn't something that can be done in Debian.

No, but we set up requirements that their work must meet before it can
enter archive or may end up in a release. That is what the whole of
Debian Policy is about.

I do apologize for my use of the word "compelled" as that was
imprecise in the context. I invoke the 'non-native' excuse :)

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org