Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 12:08:33AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> +    At this time, any member of the
> +    Technical Committee who was most recently appointed 54 or more months
> +    prior will ordinarily have their term automatically expire.

About this, I wonder if the text should specify in which order expiries
are to be processed, e.g., most recently appointed members last.

It seems to me that without a pre-defined ordering you might have
scenarios in which, in the absence of consensus about who should step
down, more members than desired will automatically expire. (Although
that might be by design.)

And yes, this might be seen as procedural paranoia, but the Constitution
is precisely the place where one wants to be paranoid.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .