Re: [RFC] Alternative proposal: reaffirm upstream and maintainers technical competence over the software they maintain

> Note that this paragraph *directly* goes against the *definition* of
> a software distribution (take upstream software and integrate it with
> the whole, occasionally going against upstream’s will) and towards a
> unified userland.exe…

Upstream could or could not consider downstream requirements while
designing its own piece of software, and this is perfectly OK.
As you said, it's the role of the software distribution developers to
adapt a specific to the policy of the distribution, as I affirm in
point 3.

Cheers,
Luca