Re: Team health and actions

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:
> On 28/03/14 at 09:26 +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

>>  2. a team that works well but not in a sustainable way, and how a DPL
>>     can help bringing sustainability;
>>  3. a team that does not work well, and how a DPL can address the
>>     problem.

> I don't think that it's a good idea to publicly point to specific teams
> with various levels of malfunction. However, what the DPL can do to help
> such teams is:
> - work with the team to understand the team status (an external viewpoint
>   is often every useful)
> - help the team with communication, by ghost-writing or reviewing reports
> - help the team advertise its needs (for recruitement, for example)
> - share good practices from other teams
> - ...

If you (or Neil) is interested in being more specific, feel free to use
the Policy team as an example of a team that could be doing better.  I
won't mind, and I'm pretty sure none of the other delegates will mind
either (apologies if that's not the case, but I think we're all aware that
we're not making particularly good progress through our backlog right
now).  Given that I'm feeling rather guilty about it, I'd welcome public
discussion of how we could do better, how to get to that point, and how
the DPL could help.