Re: Question on DPL delegations.

Hi Charles,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 07:31:12AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 05:44:55PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> >
> > Internally, we would need to adjust, but I'm quite sure that we would
> > manage. Actually, the lack of a DPL might make everybody feel more
> > enabled/empowered to solve problems that are usually deferred to the
> > DPL, which could be a good thing.
>
> without DPL, there would be no DPL delegations.  I have a question for you
> related to delegations.
>
> When a delegate is completely inactive as a delegate, do you think that his
> delegation should be renewed ?

In general, I'd say no. I'm keen on ensuring that the team has the input
into who should be on that team, but I think keeping people as delegates
who are inactive will hide the strength of the team.

I like the idea of people still being around who have had knowledge is
useful attribute, but if people aren't actively working in a team, and
there isn't a prospect of them returning any time soon, the delegation
shouldn't be renewed.

Neil