Re: The Code of Conduct needs specifics

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 01:43:18PM +0100, enrico@enricozini.org wrote:
> Solveig's email made me think of a different use case, though: telling
> those we want to keep, but who are new on our mailing list, what they
> can expect. Something along the lines of:
>   "Things like these are not supposed to happen to you. If they do, it's
>   a bug, please report it to <people>.

I think it's difficult to word that in a way which will not also have
the negative consequences that I'm afraid of. You're welcome to try, of
course ;-)

>   If something happened that made you uncomfortable and you don't see it
>   in this list and are unsure it's a bug, you can ask <people> in full
>   confidentiality."

This seems sensible, regardless of whether the CoC has a list.

If we do indeed end up with a conduct@ address, I suppose that could be
a good place to point people to in this context.

This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/