Re: The Code of Conduct needs specifics

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 01:43:18PM +0100, enrico@enricozini.org wrote:
[...]
> Solveig's email made me think of a different use case, though: telling
> those we want to keep, but who are new on our mailing list, what they
> can expect. Something along the lines of:
>
>   "Things like these are not supposed to happen to you. If they do, it's
>   a bug, please report it to <people>.

I think it's difficult to word that in a way which will not also have
the negative consequences that I'm afraid of. You're welcome to try, of
course ;-)

>   If something happened that made you uncomfortable and you don't see it
>   in this list and are unsure it's a bug, you can ask <people> in full
>   confidentiality."

This seems sensible, regardless of whether the CoC has a list.

If we do indeed end up with a conduct@ address, I suppose that could be
a good place to point people to in this context.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/