Re: Both DPL candidates: handling social conflict

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:27:31PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Sorry for the slight hijack but:
> | Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:29:19 +0100
> | From: Neil McGovern <neil@halon.org.uk>
> | To: debian-vote@lists.debian.org
> | Subject: Re: Both DPL candidates: handling social conflict
>
> Seriously?

While I understand the question, I'm not sure this is very relevant.

Yes, Debian is about promoting the cause of free software; and yes,
actually *using* free software is a very good (first) way to promote its
cause.

However, Debian is not a cult. I do not believe we should require anyone
in Debian to use free software and free software only for their private
computer usage.

This includes their mail client, even their mail client which they use
for Debian.

I sure hope I'm not alone in that belief.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/