Re: [all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>> From the point of view of the bug reporter, the message the DD has
>> sent (whether intended or not) is "I'm not even going to dignify
>> this with a response.  *click* " It's not /only/ this rudeness
>> that's the problem, though; the bug reporter has now been handed a
>> puzzle of "convice the expert", where the expert needed to be
>> convicned seemingly isn't willing to spend any effort in
>> communicating, but the bug reporter does.  This kind of thing
>> therefore promotes either conflict or the bug reporter walking away
>> in disgust, /either/ result of which is detrimental.
>
> The purpose of a bug report is not to help solve the submitter's
> problem.

Especially under this premise the maintainer owes the submitter at least
a thank you. As you put it, the submitter just spend a lot of effort in
an attempt to help the maintainer.

(I know you wrote something along these lines further down, but I wanted
to emphasize this point).

Best,

   -Nikolaus