Re: [all candidates] Debian as an FSF Free Software Distribution

Wouter Verhelst writes ("Re: [all candidates] Debian as an FSF Free Software Distribution"):
> Personally, I think we shouldn't be worried about the FSF's opinion
> regarding the freeness of our distribution any more than the FSF is
> worried about our opinion of the GFDL.

My starting point is that we should be worried about the FSF's opinion
about the freeness of our distribution about as much as the FSF
_should_ be worried about our opinion of the GFDL.

If our allies with very similar goals disagree with us on something
important, we should take notice.  That doesn't mean we should just
substitute their opinion for our own, but it should give us pause.

Ian.