Re: [all candidates] Debian as an FSF Free Software Distribution

[your mail-to-news gateway seems to keep the "Newsgroup" header in the
mail, which confuses my MUA. Dunno if that's a bug, but you might want
to look into it]

On 03-04-13 14:38, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst writes ("Re: [all candidates] Debian as an FSF Free Software Distribution"):
>> Personally, I think we shouldn't be worried about the FSF's opinion
>> regarding the freeness of our distribution any more than the FSF is
>> worried about our opinion of the GFDL.
> My starting point is that we should be worried about the FSF's opinion
> about the freeness of our distribution about as much as the FSF
> _should_ be worried about our opinion of the GFDL.

That is very much the same opinion, except that I'm disappointed with
the lack of action from the FSF's side regarding the disagreement we
have with them about the GFDL, to the extent that I've lost faith that a
change in that area will ever happen anymore.

> If our allies with very similar goals disagree with us on something
> important, we should take notice.  That doesn't mean we should just
> substitute their opinion for our own, but it should give us pause.
Indeed.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,