Re: Debian for third party (read: propietary) apps/vendors

Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> writes:

> I agree with this. This is why I proposed[1] a while back to look into
> clarifying which parts of policy really only apply to "packages uploaded
> to Debian", as opposed to "packages for local use", which may have
> different requirements in some cases.

> There wasn't any response to that mail, however, which lead me to think
> there wasn't much interest in that proposal.

For the record, I'm extremely interested in doing this, but it's a lot of
work and I have approximately zero time right now to work on Policy
things, so I can't (at the moment) help.  I probably should have said all
of that instead of not saying anything; sorry!

It strikes me as something that's best done as part of the long-delayed
larger restructuring that we've wanted to do when changing formats.