Debian for third party (read: propietary) apps/vendors

There are third party vendors (read: propietary) that support the installation
of their software in Debian, but mostly because selfish reasons: they need to
be present everywhere for their business model to work. A clear example of
this is Skype.

Now there is a second class of apps/vendors which do not need to be ubiquitous
for their business model to work. Most of the examples that come to my mind
are CAD-related: Synopsys [0], Cadence [1] and Mentor [2] are examples of
propietary vendors that give support for Linux but just on Red Hat and
sometimes, Suse. And they are a PITA to make them work on Debian. This makes
IT workers need to have RH/Suse/CentOS boxes even if the rest of them run
Debian.

Sometimes the Debian support is a *.deb made from the RPM packages with alien,
but this is just a small rant :-)

[0] <http://www.synopsys.com/home.aspx>
[1] <http://www.cadence.com/us/pages/default.aspx>
[2] <http://www.mentor.com/>

Now my question is: without going against the Social Contract, is there
anything Debian can/should do wrt this situation?

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
~/ sweet ~/

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer