[all candidates] Removing or limiting DD rights?

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks to all three of you standing in the DPL election
this year. I know it's a daunting task! :-)

I've already seen some debate about how we could/should attract more
contributors, which is a perennial question in Debian. I personally
don't think we're ever likely to "solve" that issue permanently, but
it's clearly something that's always going to be very important for
us. I have a related question, but more on the opposite end of the
spectrum I suppose:

Are we strict enough with our existing contributors? When we're trying
to work together as best we can to make the Universal Operating System
happen, what could/should we do with contributors who hinder our work?
Sometimes that hindrance is inadvertent, sometimes it seems
deliberate. At other times it looks like we have developers who are
just not paying attention to what they're doing or who just don't care
about the goals of the project. Occasionally we see direct action to
censure or even expel DDs, but these are only ever in the most blatant
of cases. By the time that happens, large amounts of damage may be
done to the project: delayed releases, lost users, loss of motivation
for other contributors.

I'm wondering: is this something that you think is a real problem, and
if so what do you think we could do about it?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/