Re: Your opinion on Debian Maintainer status

Hi,

On 18/03/13 at 18:45 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:32:09AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 09:56:16AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > Also, the wiki has pages for http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper
> > > but also for http://wiki.debian.org/DebianProjectMember that says:
> > > "Debian Developers are Debian Project Member with uploading rights"
> >
> > As observed in the past, the Debian Constitution treats "members of the
> > project" and "Debian Developers" as synonyms. So, no matter DAM/FD
> > opinion, the claims on those wiki are not correct and should be amended.
> > Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Hi,
>
> Perhaps the candidates can comment on the fact that this already been raised
> last year, and if they have something to propose in order to make discussions
> more productive on debian-devel.

One thing I have done on several occasions in to make summaries of large
threads. However, I'm not sure that it would have helped in this case.

In that case, I think that it just needed someone to fix the wiki pages,
since it seems from the discussion that there was agreement on what
needed fixing. And if people disagree, it can still be reverted.

My "patch" would be:
1. move some useful content from DebianProjectMember to DebianDeveloper
2. update DebianDeveloper to mention non-uploading DDs
3. remove DebianProjectMember
4. redirect DebianProjectMember to DebianDeveloper
5. drop all references to DebianProjectMember

I will "implement" it at a less busy time for me if nobody beats me to
it.

Lucas